Sheldonian Theatre

Sheldonian Theatre

The Sheldonian Theatre, located in Oxford, England, was built from 1664 to 1669 after a design by Christopher Wren for the University of Oxford. The building is named after Gilbert Sheldon, chancellor of the University at the time and the project’s main financial backer. It is used for music concerts, lectures and University ceremonies, but not for drama until 2015 when the Christ Church Dramatic Society staged a production of The Crucible.

Add a Comment

No comments found. Be the first to leave one!

X

Recently Liked Images: 0

Most Recently Liked: Nothing has been Liked recently :(

View Most Liked Images

X

Most Recent Comment: The Halls

Richard - Yep, we took them together :-)